Staff Scientist I/Staff Geologist I, Investigation and Remediation Services Division
Speedway, IN – Corporate Office
Wilcox Environmental Engineering is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Staff Scientist/Staff Geologist at its Indianapolis location in the Investigation and Remediation Services Division. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a Bachelor degree in a related field and 2 years of pertinent consulting experience.
Preferred candidates will also be strongly grounded in a variety of field sampling techniques involving water, soil, and vapor. A current working knowledge of IDEM’s Remediation Closure Guide and Remediation Program Guide and remediation programs is required.
This position requires well-developed skills in technical writing; organization; data management and analysis; attention to detail; the ability to simultaneously manage multiple project tasks; and strong communication, administrative, and computer skills. The position will also involve project-related overnight traveling.
This position involves, but is not limited to, the following activities and responsibilities:
- Project related field activities such as water, soil, vapor, and waste sampling; drilling and material logging; and, monitoring and remediation well installation
- Oversight of field subcontractors (drillers, remediation contractors, surveyors, utility locators, etc.)
- Documentation of project activities via field notes, logbooks, drilling logs, calculations, field-data sheets, memos, chain-of-custody forms, photographs, laboratory reports, and maps
- Performing task specific technical, budgetary, and quality reviews during project execution, including compliance with work plans, safety plans, budgets, schedules, etc.
- Data analysis and report preparation
- Schedule management
- Efficiently and responsibly using company resources
Wilcox offers a comprehensive benefits package including Short and Long Term Disability coverage, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, and a 401(k) plan.